Bristol HS Grads to Be Honored with Parade, Local Honors Celebrants with Video
The Bristol Borough School District will celebrate its graduating high school seniors “class of 2020” Friday with a parade throughout the borough and a picnic to be scheduled once Bucks County moves to the green phase of the state’s reopening plan.
Students officially graduated on Tuesday in a virtual ceremony district officials plan to make public in video form, said Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Rose Minniti.
Meanwhile, graduates will get a well deserved and earned moment in the sun Friday with a graduation processional through the borough that kicks off on Green Lane with one vehicle per graduate to be escorted in a drive version of what graduates refer to as the “walk.”
Chief of Police Steve Henry said Wednesday, the celebration begins at 3 p.m (parade route and info below).
Unrelated to the parade, but in the spirit of celebrating BHS graduates, resident Michael Vitale in late May took upon himself to honor graduates with a home made video posted to YouTube titled “Congratulations to the Class of 2020.”
Vitale apologized in advance for some of the difficulties he had with pronouncing graduate names, saying he was sorry.
At the end of the video, Vitale including his own message to graduates noting he himself graduated in 2000 from BHS and wanted to create something special for graduates in light of all the changes they have had to deal with amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Parade Route and Information is as Follows:
The parade will begin at 3 p.m.
Graduates in their vehicle will meet at Calvary Church on Green Lane to lineup. Occupants must stay in their vehicles. Police will assemble.
- Parade will travel west on Green and make a left onto Wilson. The parade will pass the High School.
- Parade continues on Wilson to Pond and Pond to Mill Street. Parade turns left onto Mill Street. Business community will be asked to participate.
- Parade turns left onto Radcliffe.
- Parade continues on Radcliffe passing Cesares restaurant
- Parade continues on Radcliffe passing the Seabird Development and Bristol Moose club.
- Parade ends.
- No parking of vehicles or congregating will be permitted at the end of the parade.
This Post Has 0 Comments