skip to Main Content

Cause of Jan 2021 Bath St Fire Determined, Fire Chief Says

The cause of a January 2021 fire on Bath Street was recently determined Bristol Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack told Lower Bucks Source, Thursday. 

The fire sent one woman to the hospital for treatment, Police said at the time of the blaze.

Slack said the woman located by first responders left the hospital after being treated and wasn’t heard from, until recently.

The victim, he said, called and left a message at the fire house.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

Slack said the former tenant explained the circumstances surrounding how the fire ignited.

Slack said the former tenant said she was having issues with bugs in the apartment the night of the blaze and used lighter device to burn the bugs which led to an eruption of flames that spread quickly throughout the apartment.

Originally we thought the fire started in the kitchen area near the stove, Slack said, but when we went back in, reviewed the information the victim provided, her story matched up with the evidence from the fire.

Once we reevaluated the information and reviewed the insurance companies investigative report we were able to make a determination, he said.

I don’t think in all my years in the fire service, Slack said, a fire was started trying to kill bugs with a lighter.

The home, which was ravaged by the blaze, is still being worked on almost 17 months from the day of the fire.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Cause of Jan 2021 Bath St Fire Determined, Fire Chief Says

The cause of a January 2021 fire on Bath Street was recently determined Bristol Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack told Lower Bucks Source, Thursday. 

The fire sent one woman to the hospital for treatment, Police said at the time of the blaze.

Slack said the woman located by first responders left the hospital after being treated and wasn’t heard from, until recently.

The victim, he said, called and left a message at the fire house.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

Slack said the former tenant explained the circumstances surrounding how the fire ignited.

Slack said the former tenant said she was having issues with bugs in the apartment the night of the blaze and used lighter device to burn the bugs which led to an eruption of flames that spread quickly throughout the apartment.

Originally we thought the fire started in the kitchen area near the stove, Slack said, but when we went back in, reviewed the information the victim provided, her story matched up with the evidence from the fire.

Once we reevaluated the information and reviewed the insurance companies investigative report we were able to make a determination, he said.

I don’t think in all my years in the fire service, Slack said, a fire was started trying to kill bugs with a lighter.

The home, which was ravaged by the blaze, is still being worked on almost 17 months from the day of the fire.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top