skip to Main Content

Off Duty First Responders Assist with Knocking Back Bristol Fire

A dwelling fire apparently caused by a barbecue grill was knocked quickly by the home owner, a off duty volunteer firefighter and first responders. 

The quick response by first responders from Bristol, including Police Detective Bill Davis, area first responders, Third District Fire Company, and Croydon Fire Company helped keep the fire from spreading that was dispatched 5:45 pm Tuesday evening. 

Third District volunteer Firefighter Tony Riccio ran to the back of the house where the home owner was trying to keep the fire at bay with a garden hose. Riccio assisted by taking the hose and dousing the back section of the dwelling, and insulation torn out. 

No injuries were recorded, just  terrified pets from the intense and quick response by area first responders battling the smoke and fire. 

The homeowner said he was inside getting ready for dinner when the fire broke out, two family member, were visiting father to feed pets they keep at the Clymer St. home.   

There  was damage to the back of the dwelling from the flames with some spread towards the upper half of the home. 

Credit: Diana Munier

Croydon first responders employed their newly acquired drone to provide overhead views of fire spread and damages.

Bristol Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack said from preliminary observations it looked like the regulator for the gas grill melted and with the grill up against the house originally we had to insure there was no extension of the fire to the home and its roof he said. 

That’s why we had to rip out the insulation…once it gets …into the roof and rolls over from the back to the front it becomes a bigger problem, the Fire Chief said.  

The home had to be aerated for about 20 minutes or so to clear the residual smoke away. 

A trio of young Bristol girls showed up with a case of water for the first responders when the smoke and fire were cleared.

Editors Note: A correction was made to this story from the initial version. We apologize to Mr Carl Trinko (home owner) and his family for the error. Please accept our apologies. –JB  

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

 

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Off Duty First Responders Assist with Knocking Back Bristol Fire

A dwelling fire apparently caused by a barbecue grill was knocked quickly by the home owner, a off duty volunteer firefighter and first responders. 

The quick response by first responders from Bristol, including Police Detective Bill Davis, area first responders, Third District Fire Company, and Croydon Fire Company helped keep the fire from spreading that was dispatched 5:45 pm Tuesday evening. 

Third District volunteer Firefighter Tony Riccio ran to the back of the house where the home owner was trying to keep the fire at bay with a garden hose. Riccio assisted by taking the hose and dousing the back section of the dwelling, and insulation torn out. 

No injuries were recorded, just  terrified pets from the intense and quick response by area first responders battling the smoke and fire. 

The homeowner said he was inside getting ready for dinner when the fire broke out, two family member, were visiting father to feed pets they keep at the Clymer St. home.   

There  was damage to the back of the dwelling from the flames with some spread towards the upper half of the home. 

Credit: Diana Munier

Croydon first responders employed their newly acquired drone to provide overhead views of fire spread and damages.

Bristol Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack said from preliminary observations it looked like the regulator for the gas grill melted and with the grill up against the house originally we had to insure there was no extension of the fire to the home and its roof he said. 

That’s why we had to rip out the insulation…once it gets …into the roof and rolls over from the back to the front it becomes a bigger problem, the Fire Chief said.  

The home had to be aerated for about 20 minutes or so to clear the residual smoke away. 

A trio of young Bristol girls showed up with a case of water for the first responders when the smoke and fire were cleared.

Editors Note: A correction was made to this story from the initial version. We apologize to Mr Carl Trinko (home owner) and his family for the error. Please accept our apologies. –JB  

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

 

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top