skip to Main Content

Fire Chief: Melted Water Line Extinguishes Fire

Updated: May 30th, 4 am

A fire that started in the basement of a Bristol Borough home could have been far worse had a water line not melted late Sunday evening.

Bristol Borough Fire Companies were dispatched to the 700 block for the report of a dwelling fire, officials said.

Fire fighters arrived on scene rapidly checking the residences to the left and right of home showing heavy smoke, Fire Chief Herb Slack said.

Response to the fire was upgraded Slack said with crews from Croydon, Third District and Fairless Hills Fire Companies added to the call.

“In the basement, firefighters found a table saw that had been involved in the fire. The heat melted a water line directly above the fire.  The water from the melted water line extinguished the fire” the Fire Chief said.

Meanwhile, Borough resident Michael Vitale, whose parents own the home said everyone was ok, his parents would have to relocate for the night.

No one was injured, said Slack.

Original Story Below 

A house fire on Pine Street in Bristol Borough was knocked back quickly by first responders before it could do more damage Sunday evening.

Fire crews were dispatched to the 700 block of Pine Street just after  6 pm for reports of a fire in the basement of the residence a witness told Lower Bucks Source.

One report to Lower Bucks Source said the fire started in the basement, however that information has not been confirmed by fire officials on scene.

Borough resident Michael Vitale said he was called at work because it was his parents house that was on fire.

Vitale said he was in racing to the scene and “everyone should be ok” he said.

Firefighters were seen ventilating smoke from the residence by witnesses on scene.

Bristol Fire officials were contacted moments ago but were not available for comment presently.

Updates as they come in.

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Fire Chief: Melted Water Line Extinguishes Fire

Updated: May 30th, 4 am

A fire that started in the basement of a Bristol Borough home could have been far worse had a water line not melted late Sunday evening.

Bristol Borough Fire Companies were dispatched to the 700 block for the report of a dwelling fire, officials said.

Fire fighters arrived on scene rapidly checking the residences to the left and right of home showing heavy smoke, Fire Chief Herb Slack said.

Response to the fire was upgraded Slack said with crews from Croydon, Third District and Fairless Hills Fire Companies added to the call.

“In the basement, firefighters found a table saw that had been involved in the fire. The heat melted a water line directly above the fire.  The water from the melted water line extinguished the fire” the Fire Chief said.

Meanwhile, Borough resident Michael Vitale, whose parents own the home said everyone was ok, his parents would have to relocate for the night.

No one was injured, said Slack.

Original Story Below 

A house fire on Pine Street in Bristol Borough was knocked back quickly by first responders before it could do more damage Sunday evening.

Fire crews were dispatched to the 700 block of Pine Street just after  6 pm for reports of a fire in the basement of the residence a witness told Lower Bucks Source.

One report to Lower Bucks Source said the fire started in the basement, however that information has not been confirmed by fire officials on scene.

Borough resident Michael Vitale said he was called at work because it was his parents house that was on fire.

Vitale said he was in racing to the scene and “everyone should be ok” he said.

Firefighters were seen ventilating smoke from the residence by witnesses on scene.

Bristol Fire officials were contacted moments ago but were not available for comment presently.

Updates as they come in.

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top