skip to Main Content

Punctured Gas Line Leads to Families Being Evacuated in Bristol Borough

A local contractor doing sewer line repair work in Bristol Borough punctured a gas line which lead to dozens of families being evacuated on Wednesday morning.

The whoooshing sound of gas leaking from the line combined with the acrid odor could still he heard coming from the residence owned by a Veteran on the 900 block of Wood Street, when first responders arrived and quickly evacuated residents from their homes at around 9 a.m this morning.

“All I was heard was banging on the door telling me I had to leave my apartment” said one woman “thankful for the quick response by borough police, code enforcement, and fire companies.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

“There is a high pressure gas leak caused by a local contractor who was in the process of making a repair when a four inch main was busted” said Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack.

Slack said evacuated residents were taken to the Bristol Borough Senior Center to wait out the repairs he said would be completed momentarily.

Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack and firefighters receive update from PECO workers on repairs.
Credit: Jeff Bohen. Lower Bucks Source

Officials estimated about 20 to 25 families were evacuated from their residences as the street  from both ends was blocked off beginning around

Meanwhile, PECO was on hand performing repairs to the busted main and expected to have families back in their homes within the hour.

One PECO worker said, on the condition of anonymity, that now the repairs were done, each home needed to have a gas level test performed and once those homes passed with satisfactory and healthy readings residents would be allowed back into their homes.

Officials from the Bucks County Rescue reported there were no injuries as a result of the leak, nor did any residents receive medical attention.

Third District and the Croydon Fire Companies were on scene to assist Bristol first responders.

 

A Croydon Firefighter Clears Resident from home on Wood Street.
Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

 

 

`

 

This Post Has 2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Punctured Gas Line Leads to Families Being Evacuated in Bristol Borough

A local contractor doing sewer line repair work in Bristol Borough punctured a gas line which lead to dozens of families being evacuated on Wednesday morning.

The whoooshing sound of gas leaking from the line combined with the acrid odor could still he heard coming from the residence owned by a Veteran on the 900 block of Wood Street, when first responders arrived and quickly evacuated residents from their homes at around 9 a.m this morning.

“All I was heard was banging on the door telling me I had to leave my apartment” said one woman “thankful for the quick response by borough police, code enforcement, and fire companies.

Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

“There is a high pressure gas leak caused by a local contractor who was in the process of making a repair when a four inch main was busted” said Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack.

Slack said evacuated residents were taken to the Bristol Borough Senior Center to wait out the repairs he said would be completed momentarily.

Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack and firefighters receive update from PECO workers on repairs.
Credit: Jeff Bohen. Lower Bucks Source

Officials estimated about 20 to 25 families were evacuated from their residences as the street  from both ends was blocked off beginning around

Meanwhile, PECO was on hand performing repairs to the busted main and expected to have families back in their homes within the hour.

One PECO worker said, on the condition of anonymity, that now the repairs were done, each home needed to have a gas level test performed and once those homes passed with satisfactory and healthy readings residents would be allowed back into their homes.

Officials from the Bucks County Rescue reported there were no injuries as a result of the leak, nor did any residents receive medical attention.

Third District and the Croydon Fire Companies were on scene to assist Bristol first responders.

 

A Croydon Firefighter Clears Resident from home on Wood Street.
Credit: Jeff Bohen, Lower Bucks Source

 

 

`

 

This Post Has 2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top