skip to Main Content

Just In: Smoke Detectors Key in Family of 9 Escaping Levittown House Fire, Fire Marshal says.

A late night Levittown house fire has left a family without a home Friday morning but working fire alarms probably saved their lives officials said. 

First responders from the Levittown Fire Co #2, Edgely Fire Company, Fairless Hills Fire Dept, Falls Township Fire Company., Levittown-Fairless Hills Rescue Squad, responded to the blaze on Aster Lane in the Apple Tree section of Bristol Township just after 12:30 a.m, fire officials say.  

The screams of smoke detectors in the home sounding off awakened the “wife”,  who turn in awakened  her husband ,helping the two with their seven kids evacuate the house safely, Fire Marshal Kevin T. Dippolito said,

The fire started in the area of a dryer, Dippolito said, leaving the home uninhabitable due to the heavy fire damage. 

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries, the American Red Cross is helping the family of nine with supports and housing, Dippolito said noting the family has insurance. 

Working smoke detectors helped getting the family out and away from the blaze safely Bristol Township Fire Marshal said.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Just In: Smoke Detectors Key in Family of 9 Escaping Levittown House Fire, Fire Marshal says.

A late night Levittown house fire has left a family without a home Friday morning but working fire alarms probably saved their lives officials said. 

First responders from the Levittown Fire Co #2, Edgely Fire Company, Fairless Hills Fire Dept, Falls Township Fire Company., Levittown-Fairless Hills Rescue Squad, responded to the blaze on Aster Lane in the Apple Tree section of Bristol Township just after 12:30 a.m, fire officials say.  

The screams of smoke detectors in the home sounding off awakened the “wife”,  who turn in awakened  her husband ,helping the two with their seven kids evacuate the house safely, Fire Marshal Kevin T. Dippolito said,

The fire started in the area of a dryer, Dippolito said, leaving the home uninhabitable due to the heavy fire damage. 

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries, the American Red Cross is helping the family of nine with supports and housing, Dippolito said noting the family has insurance. 

Working smoke detectors helped getting the family out and away from the blaze safely Bristol Township Fire Marshal said.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News

Back To Top