Fire, EMS Crisis Grant Application Process Opens
First responder squads impacted financially by the Coronavirus pandemic can now apply for Crisis Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program (FCEMSGP) officials said Monday.
The purpose of the grant is to provide much needed financial assistance to first responders who have found it difficult to keep their operations running due to COVID-19.
The spring and summer months are times of fundraising activities for local first responders units and companies but due to coronavirus pandemic and governmental restrictions
A total of $50 million will be distributed through the COVID-19 Crisis Grant Program from funds received by the Commonwealth under the federal CARES) Act.
· $44 million to eligible fire and rescue companies.
· $6 million to eligible EMS companies.
This funding will be calculated for individual awards in the following manner:
· Fire/Rescue/EMS Companies that received a grant award from the 2019-2020 FCEMSGP and register for the COVID-19 Crisis grant program will receive an initial award equal to the amount they received from the 2019-2020 FCEMSGP.
· The surplus funding in the program will be distributed to each eligible company that meets the funding criteria that submits a completed registration, including those that did not receive a 2019-20 FCEMSGP grant award.
· Eligible companies seeking a grant under the program should submit a completed online grant registration to OSFC. Registrations can be submitted to OSFC at www.osfc.pa.gov.
The online registration portal is now open and will remain open until Friday, Aug. 7, at 4 p.m, state officials said in a release.
You will need the following information to complete the registration in order to receive these funds. You may already have these numbers, but if you do not, please see the links below to acquire the necessary numbers in preparation for this registration.
- D-U-N-S NumberOpens In A New Window
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)Opens In A New Window
- PA Vendor Number (Click on “Supplier Registration”)
- Keystone ID