Bristol Borough Council Notes: Outdoor Events Scheduled, Code Inspector Wanted for Hire and More
At Monday’s Bristol Borough Council Meeting a number of topics were discussed during the council members section of the meeting. Here are some newsworthy notes from those discussions.
- The Borough is looking to hire a full time code enforcement officer specifically with building inspection experience. For more information or to apply please forward resumes to Borough Manager James Dillion at JDillon@BristolBorough.com or to schedule an interview 215-788-3828
- Dates for the beginning of the Street Sweeper Program will be announced in the next few weeks. The Borough is awaiting delivery of its new Street Sweeper which they expect to arrive no later than May,
- Councilman Greg Pezza said he was hoping the county could coordinate a meeting with Bristol Twp focusing on the issue of the homeless being fed in the area of Rt 13 and Green Lane.
- Dates for this years Doo-Wop Concert **** and St Ann’s/St Marks Carnival were announced. The carnival will run from August 15th to August 20th. Doo-Wop is booked for September 17th. Council expects all the ethnic celebration days to take place this year, however no official dates have been set as yet.
- Acting Police Sgt and PBA vice-president Chuck Palmer expressed an interest in launching a mentoring initiative. He and Council officials will be discussing the creation of such an effort under the auspices of the Borough’s Recreation Committee.
- The borough is preparing a resolution to increase certain zoning board application and other permit fees. Fees have not increased in years officials say.
- A Parking Meter Committee is potentially in the works on how to approach parking issues, etc on Mill St.
- The Appointment of residents to the Recreation Committee was tabled until the April Council meeting. Look for a more detailed story on the Borough efforts with its Recreation programming soon.