Five Startups Receive $25,000 Investments from Bucks Built Startup Fund
Five early-stage startups with high potential have been selected to receive $25,000 in funding and 12 months of advisory support as part of the latest cohort of the Bucks Built Startup Fund.
The five recipient startups span various industries and have founders or teams already based in, or planning to operate in, Bucks County:
- CareAlign – An app that streamlines tasks and workflows for clinicians.
- EmpathED – A platform for schools to support students with learning disabilities and other health impairments by training educators using virtual reality and multimedia.
- Fitted – Laundry plus dry cleaning pick-up and delivery services located in 15+ cities providing a more convenient way to get your clothes cleaned.
- Pippy Sips – Creator of the first-ever award-winning 3-in-1 storing, cooling and monitoring system for breastmilk: Maia.
- TheraV – Drug-free solutions to improve the quality of life of amputees.
Prior to the five start-ups being chosen, 10 finalists screened from 120 applicants pitched to a panel of investors, entrepreneurs, and community leaders. The panel evaluated the businesses on several factors, including the potential to grow quickly and broadly while having a positive economic impact in the county.
In addition to $25,000 investments, the recipients will also receive 12 months of support from Startup Bucks focused on growth and future funding.
The five startups from the inaugural Bucks Built cohort, announced in February of 2021, have already made impressive progress. All have demonstrated growth, four receiving new investment commitments from Ben Franklin Technology Partners, and two having been accepted to TechStars Accelerators.
Keep up to date with local startup news by subscribing to updates from Startup Bucks and connect with the Bucks County startup community every Wednesday at 9 a.m. on Zoom during the weekly entrepreneur forum, Founder’s 30 by Startup Bucks.
Want to learn more? Head to bucksbuilt.com for program details and criteria.
Contact: Jon Mercer, 707-287-5057