Fire at Homeless Encampment Raises Concerns
A fire in the wooded area behind a local lumber company was put down Wednesday by Bristol area first responders, but what the caught the eyes of first responders on scene were propane tanks and assorted garbage found.
Fire companies were dispatched just before 6 am to the fire to the rear of Lumberman’s Association on Green Lane.
Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack said the fire was located in the homeless camp in the wooded area west of Lumberman’s.
While extinguishing the fire the crews noted that there was approximately 20-20 propane tanks and a large amount of trash and rubbish, Slack said.
“The police and Borough Manager were notified” said Slack about the potential fire causing materials.
Companies returned back to their sites within an hour, Slack said.
No one was reported injured.