skip to Main Content

“Quick Response” to Kitchen Fire Saves the Day, Locals Say

Fire crews quick response to a kitchen fire in Bristol Borough Thursday saved the day, locals said.

The fire was caused by an  airfryer that was placed on the glass stove top where one of the burners was on, said Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack.

The fire, on the 400 block of Washington Street ignited just before 5:30 pm said Slack.

The burning plastic of the airfryer generated a significant amount of smoke, observers reported.

The resident reported using the airfryer, unplugging it and putting it back on the stove top where it caught on fire, officials said.

“The airfryer did not cause the fire” said Slack.

Slack said several similar incidents occurred recently warning residents of the potential risks with glass stove tops.

“People should not store combustible items on their stove tops.  There have been several incidents where this has occurred especially with glass top stoves.”

Locals were grateful for the quick response by crews from Borough fire companies, Croydon and Third District firefighters.

“Wow the fire and ems was amazing” Rachel Weber who lives a few doors down said

The daughter of the homeowner Heather Kotch thanked first responders too.

Credit: Meta

No one was reported injured and the stove was burnt to a crisp.

This Post Has One Comment

  1. This is completely false! We never moved the air fryer to and from. It was placed on the stove the whole time in which we had always placed when using the air fryer. The chief never even set foot into my home. Better fire safety is a must when being a fireman. Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

“Quick Response” to Kitchen Fire Saves the Day, Locals Say

Fire crews quick response to a kitchen fire in Bristol Borough Thursday saved the day, locals said.

The fire was caused by an  airfryer that was placed on the glass stove top where one of the burners was on, said Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack.

The fire, on the 400 block of Washington Street ignited just before 5:30 pm said Slack.

The burning plastic of the airfryer generated a significant amount of smoke, observers reported.

The resident reported using the airfryer, unplugging it and putting it back on the stove top where it caught on fire, officials said.

“The airfryer did not cause the fire” said Slack.

Slack said several similar incidents occurred recently warning residents of the potential risks with glass stove tops.

“People should not store combustible items on their stove tops.  There have been several incidents where this has occurred especially with glass top stoves.”

Locals were grateful for the quick response by crews from Borough fire companies, Croydon and Third District firefighters.

“Wow the fire and ems was amazing” Rachel Weber who lives a few doors down said

The daughter of the homeowner Heather Kotch thanked first responders too.

Credit: Meta

No one was reported injured and the stove was burnt to a crisp.

This Post Has One Comment

  1. This is completely false! We never moved the air fryer to and from. It was placed on the stove the whole time in which we had always placed when using the air fryer. The chief never even set foot into my home. Better fire safety is a must when being a fireman. Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top