Updated: Vehicle Fire is Accidental, Fire Chief Says
On a blazing hot day, Bristol fire crews were dispatched when a vehicle exploded into flames on Thursday afternoon.
The fire took place on 100 block of Filmore Street, just before the Radcliffe Street intersect, and just feet away from Cesare’s Restaurant just before 3 p.m.
Fire was accidental and there were no injuries, said Bristol Fire Chief Herb Slack.
The snap, crackle, popping from the fire could be heard from yards away, as tires blew out and flames engulfed the vehicle from front to rear.
Fire crews arriving on location found a Kia Sportage with the engine compartment heavily involved and extension into the passenger compartment. Fire crews stretched a hose line to attack and extinguish the fire, explaining the how fire fighters extinguished the blaze, Slack said.
Borough fire crews doused the vehicle, before the flames could spread to a nearby tree.
Rescue 25 and Engine 50 were on the call with Engine 52 on scene to support.