skip to Main Content

Fire Chief: Good Samaritan Saves the Day

An unidentified good samaritan saved the day Wednesday night when noticing a potential fire breaking out in Bristol Township.

The original dispatch to area fire companies was for an apartment fire at the Lakeland Avenue address that was called in just after 8:30 pm.

Third District Fire Chief Howard McGoldrick said the quick thinking of the good citizen really saved the day.

A passerby saw smoke pouring from the roof, stopped, knocked on the door but there was no answer” the Fire Chief said.

Upon arrival we found smoke billowing from the roof, secured the oil burner and checked for extension, McGoldrick said.

Credit: Diana Munier

Prior to the fire crew dispatch, he said, Engine 14. Tower 14, and Chief 14 were training only blocks away and were able to respond in less than three minutes.

The assist helped stop a potentially dangerous situation from further developing, noting CO2 poisoning for a number of residents living in the complex and or a potential fire breaking out in the center unit, McGoldrick said.

 

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Fire Chief: Good Samaritan Saves the Day

An unidentified good samaritan saved the day Wednesday night when noticing a potential fire breaking out in Bristol Township.

The original dispatch to area fire companies was for an apartment fire at the Lakeland Avenue address that was called in just after 8:30 pm.

Third District Fire Chief Howard McGoldrick said the quick thinking of the good citizen really saved the day.

A passerby saw smoke pouring from the roof, stopped, knocked on the door but there was no answer” the Fire Chief said.

Upon arrival we found smoke billowing from the roof, secured the oil burner and checked for extension, McGoldrick said.

Credit: Diana Munier

Prior to the fire crew dispatch, he said, Engine 14. Tower 14, and Chief 14 were training only blocks away and were able to respond in less than three minutes.

The assist helped stop a potentially dangerous situation from further developing, noting CO2 poisoning for a number of residents living in the complex and or a potential fire breaking out in the center unit, McGoldrick said.

 

 

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Back To Top