The fire at the popular Roadhouse Inn last month, was not because of a meth lab, as many have speculated and contacted Lower Bucks Source alleging, Bristol Township Fire Officials said
Earlier this week, Bristol Township Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito said “no it wasn’t a lab” in response to a request for comment on the allegations circulating since the November 26 fire ripped through the building,
Dippolito did say a cause had been determined but he was “not releasing it (of the fire) at this time.”
The fire which engulfed the popular bar and inn located on New Falls Road in the Newportville section of the township, resulted in the death of one man, James Crouthmel Jr. 32.
One person was transported to a medical facility for smoke inhalation at the time of the fire.
Dippolito said in a press release a tenant smelled smoke and pulled the fire alarm warning other tenants of the fire that was spreading.
Dippolito said the building was heavily damaged by the fire and water that he determined the blaze started in the living room area of an apartment on the second floor.
Attempts to reach Road House Inn owner Stewart “Stuy” Katuran was unsuccessful at press time.
A check of the Road House Inn social media page shows no recent activity or future plans have been announced to date.
The bar offered locals live music on the weekends, supporting the efforts of local bands in the region.
A Go Fund Me page was started to bring Crouthmel “home” on November 27. It has raised $850.00, of its $1,500.00 goal to date. The link for the fundraiser follows this story.