Law Enforcement Reminds Bucks Residents about Fireworks Law, Restrictions
Local law enforcement agencies are preparing for the deluge of Independence Day complaints and concerns by informing the pubic about recent changes to fireworks use laws in the Commonwealth.
Fireworks related complaints begin to spike this time of year, annually as Fourth of July celebrations start a wee bit early. Like 3 a.m. early on June 19, as one Lower Bucks resident posted about over this weekend.
A major portion of complaints posted leading often to heated discussions relates to pet owners who worry about their furry friends, et all. well being while rockets are shooting red glare.
There are certain legal consumer grade fireworks that can be used in the state there are also restrictions in place too.
House Bill 542 was signed into law on October 30, 2017. Under the new law, the Fireworks Act of 1939 was repealed and replaced in its entirety. The complete version of the new law can be viewed here. However, the questions and answers below highlight the most noteworthy changes.
Q: What are the restrictions on where they can be used?
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Also, it is recommended that you check with your local municipality, as you may also be subject to applicable local ordinances.
On Tuesday the Bristol Township and Morrisville Police Departments posted information for their localities regarding the use of fireworks and state law information.
The news, suffice to say, came like a bang to many online last night.
For additional information about the state fireworks law you can visit this link
This Post Has 0 Comments