Join GIANT Co Dietitians for Virtual Fall Family Fun
Add some fun and festive meal and snack ideas to your family’s table this fall with The GIANT Company’s team of dietitians. They are back with a full schedule of free, live classes via Zoom for chefs of all ages this September and October.
“For many families, this is a busy time of the year with school, sports and other activities, which is why the team of dietitians is here to help,” said Kilene Knitter, MS, RD, LDN, dietitian with The GIANT Company. “From family meals to mini chef creations and Halloween goodies, grab your aprons and your tablets and join us in the kitchen this fall.”
Here’s a sneak peek of The GIANT Company’s dietitian classes to check out this September and October:
- Family Meals at 5 – Celebrate Family Meals Month this September by creating a nutritious and delicious meal live in under 30 minutes with one of The GIANT Company dietitians every Tuesday at 5 p.m. Sure to bring everyone around the table, meal ideas include cheesy chicken and broccoli bake, veggie stuffed peppers, au gratin sausage skillet, and pasta with chicken, tomatoes and peppers. Also, in honor of Family Meals Month, the dietitians are giving away three pantry makeover experiences worth up to $150 each so you can spend more time where it matters most – around the table! Each virtual dietitian class attended throughout September counts as one sweepstakes entry. For official rules and details, contact The GIANT Company dietitians.
- Hunger Action Awareness – September is Hunger Action Month. Join the dietitians Thursdays at 12 p.m. to learn how you can make a difference and participate in their orange plate challenge. Topics covered include paying it forward, budget savvy shopping and meal building with tools.
- Kids in the Kitchen – Every Saturday at 10 a.m. be the dietitians’ guest for Disney themed Mini Chef Morning classes. For kids of all ages, let them see how far they can go with Moana’s coconut pear donuts, head to the Hundred Acre Wood for Winnie the Pooh’s pasta salad, or get tangled in the kitchen with Rapunzel’s frying pan cookie, plus many more of your Disney favorites.
- Dietitian Myth-Busters – Don’t get spooked by nutrition misinformation. Mondays at 7 p.m. this October, The GIANT Company dietitians are ready to uncover truths to common myths like protein misconceptions, eating healthy is too expensive, and the sugar stigma.
- Celebrate Halloween – Join The GIANT Company dietitians for a spooktacular week of classes leading up to Halloween, including:
- Oct. 25 at 12 p.m.: Fall Drinks- Hocus Pocus Punch
- Oct. 26 at 10 a.m.: Better for You Baking Series- Ghost Brownies
- Oct. 27 at 12 p.m.: National Pasta Month Series- Spaghetti & Eyeballs
- Oct. 28 at 12 p.m.: Feature Friday Series- Peace, Love & Candy with SmartSweets
- Oct. 29 at 10 a.m.: Mini Chef Mornings- Monsters University Apple Nachos
- Oct. 31 at 12 p.m.: Fall Produce Series- Fresh Pumpkin Pie with Meringue Ghosts
All classes are free to attend, but advanced registration is required for each class at thegiantcompanynutritionists.eventbrite.com.
A complete listing of all The GIANT Company virtual classes and ingredients needed for each class are also available on the event page. In addition, customers can earn 50 CHOICE Rewards points when they register, provide their card number, and attend the entire class.
This Post Has 0 Comments