SCORE to Offer 4 Free Webinars in September
In a continued effort to keep the local business community informed, SCORE Bucks County will offer four free webinars in September.
The first, “Spending Plans: Your Map to Financial Success,” will be held on Sept. 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Led by Katrina Boyer, investor educator coordinator for the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, the webinar will focus on the need for a spending plan so business owners can achieve their financial goals. Boyer will discuss setting “SMART” goals, creating and putting into action a spending plan and periodically reviewing goals to ensure that the business stays on track.
Attendees will learn more about:
- The differences between wants and needs
- Three budgeting strategies to choose from
- Finding what works for the circumstances and sticking to it
- Annually reviewing your budget and adjusting accordingly
On Sept. 14, SCORE Bucks certified mentor Kathleen Donohue will present “What’s Your Mission: Strategy Tools for Your Small Business” from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Donohue, who as an independent consultant offered training, coaching, and consulting services focusing on project management, team building and business analysis, will discuss how entrepreneurs can learn to give their voice to their business’s purpose.
Participant will learn:
- The power of a great mission statement, clear values, and vision statements and how to use them
- How to identify your mission, values, and vision
- How to use your mission, values, and vision statements to market your business and drive decisions
On Sept. 21, Chris Snider, CEO of the Exit Planning Institute, will present “Exit Planning is Not What You Think” from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Snider will review the four common success areas to business growth and exit success, share some of the Exit Planning Institute’s State of Owner Readiness research, provide insights on the state of the market and offer recommendations for business owners.
Attendees will gain insight on:
- What exit planning is and is not
- The four core concepts to successful business growth and exit
On Sept. 28, Boyer will also present “Retirement Planning 101 for Small Businesses” from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Boyer will discuss saving and investing for one’s retirement needs and share insight on special programs available for small business owners and their employees.
She will discuss:
- Retirement planning for small business owners
- Different plans that may be available, including types of accounts and annual maximum contribution limits
- Other things to consider when planning for retirement
To learn more or register
For more information about the webinars or to register, please visit https://buckscounty.score.org/. All webinars are offered free of charge.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 11 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring and workshops to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses. With 50 members across the county, SCORE Bucks County provides over 1,500 free mentoring services annually to local small business owners through one-on-one counseling and small business seminars. To stay up to date on news and happenings, join SCORE Bucks County’s email list. Text SCOREBUCKS to 22828.