Score Bucks County Offers Two Workshops for Business Owners in February
Small business owners in Bucks County might want to attend a couple of upcoming workshops focusing on financial issues that will have your business grow.
SCORE Bucks County is hosting the two workshops. “Legal and Tax Issues for Small Business Employers” is set for Feb. 21 and “How to Sell a Business” is scheduled for Feb. 25.
- “Legal and Tax Issues” will be from 9-10:30 a.m. at Contract Pharmacy, at 125 Titus Ave. in Warrington.
- “How to Sell a Business” will be from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Juniper Village at Buck County, at 3200 Bensalem Blvd. in Bensalem.
As part of the first workshop, SCORE Bucks, together with a panel of legal and payroll professionals, will provide information on hiring employees, along with the legal and tax ramifications.
Attendees will learn:
- How and why to incorporate a business
- How to set a business up with a bank
- How to register a business in Pennsylvania
- How to handle state and local tax authorities
- The importance of worker’s compensation insurance
- Strategies for managing employment, accounting and bookkeeping
Attorney Christina M. Reger, and Steve Sabel, vice president of sales for Streamline Payroll, LLC, will lead the workshop.
SCORE Bucks mentor Steve Wolfson will lead the “How to Sell a Business” workshop. Wolfson, who has more than 40 years experience in wholesale distribution and multi-location retailing, has been involved in several sales of construction equipment-related businesses.
Wolfson, along with Marshal H. Davis, CEO of Davis Law, and Mike McCarthy, an advisor with VR Business Brokers, will help attendees understand what materials to prepare and provide to potential buyers.
Attendees will also learn:
- The implication of selling a business
- How business valuations are determined
- How to handle unexpected situations
Each workshop costs $15. For more information, you may visit the SCORE Bucks County website.