Buckley St Fires Remain “Under Investigation” Fire Marshal Says
The two fires that heavily damaged a Bristol Borough home remain under investigation the county fire marshal said Tuesday
“As of this time, we are still analyzing the data we collected from the scene and the investigation is still ongoing. As you know, collecting all the facts can take time” said Bucks County Fire Marshal John Gundy.
Your readers should feel safe as the fire departments are well trained to handle fire emergencies in Bristol Borough and first responders did an excellent job in containing the fire that day, Gundy added.
The first fire happened in the early morning hours last Friday. One person was taken for medical treatment and The Red Cross was contacted to assist two of the occupants with temporary housing, Borough Fire officials said. The fire heavily damaged a middle bedroom on the second floor and was confined there, officials said.
With a second starting back up around 7:30 pm – some 16 hours later destroying the 200 block Buckley St home.
The Fire control required extensive overhauling of roof area and the exterior second floor area of the side of the building. The fire was placed under control at 20:30 with companies remaining in service for extensive overhauling,” said Borough Fire Chief Herb Slack after the fire.
The Friday evening fire does not appear to be a ‘flare up’ of the earlier fire, Slack said Friday evening.
The second fire sparked the rumor mill with locals wondering aloud what could cause such an instance.
Investigators, sources said, were collecting video footage from Ring and alike security systems comparing foot and vehicle traffic before and after each of the fires, however the sources said that is a normal investigative technique to rule in or out arson.
Mundy suggested locals could assist with preventing future fires by checking fire safety devices.
“This is a good time to remind your readers to check their smoke detectors to make sure they are working and to keep doorways and egress paths clear from obstruction” the Fire Marshal suggested.