Several Families Displaced in Bristol Fire, Fundraisers Started
A late night fire, in Bristol Borough displaced at least three families, Lower Bucks Source was able to confirm, early Tuesday morning.
The fire as previously reported, occurred early Tuesday in the apartments over Sadie’s Irish Pub and Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio just after midnight, on the 1600 block of Farragut Avenue.
Smoke and flames could been seen billowing from the roof top and a opened window on the second floor, depicted in images sent into the publication.
One displaced tenant of the building said, it could have been deadly had not these two guys woke everybody up. I was one of the first ones out, because I was returning from the bathroom. I thought it was a bar fight. I heard my neighbor Mike banging on my other friend Brownies door saying Get the F out! in a comment exchange on a Bristol based Facebook page.
The same resident said the landlord of the building has put up displaced families in local hotels, saying “God Bless him.”
Social media was used by friends and families who were checking in those living in the apartment building.
One Bristol woman, who ran out of the smoke engulfed building, without her cell phone or I-pad asked friends on scene to post they she was safe and ok so her family would not worry.
Meanwhile, fundraiser pages have been posted to Go Fund Me for three families victimized by last nights fire,
Martine, according to the post is a single mother of two with special needs.
Weigard said that not only was her living space impacted but her she’s now lost work due to the fire.
Connor and Sendlock said they they lost everything and were allowed to see the devastation the fire wreaked.
Fire officials have to release any information about the cause of the blaze as of publication time. Residents and witnesses said this Tuesday no one was injured.
Sources on scene said at least two apartments in the building were completely destroyed due to the fire, with other units having water and smoke damage.
No word yet from fire officials on the cause of the fire.